*NO* Skies of Arcadia 'Smooth Sailing'

djpretzel

Hello,

To be succinct, since I know the judges are busy people, here is the necessary information.

ReMixer - LeonHeart of the Flame

Game - Skies of Arcadia

Piece Name - Smooth Sailing

Link-

I have tried unsuccessfully several times so far to submit, but only because I don't think I've managed to get a working link to you guys. Hopefully, I've fixed the link problem and this time I will prove successful.

I've made it my mission to systematically remix a great deal of Skies of Arcadia music, which has proven quite challenging, since the music is already so well done.

While I have quite a few remixes that are nearly finished but in the endless process of being polished, I felt that this remix, Smooth Sailing, was as done as I could make it. In my own opinion, it may not be my best as of yet, but it recieved fairly positive reviews from the WIP forum. I'd simply like to have this one reach the judging process.

Thanks for your time,

LeonHeart of the Flame

You did a much better job with the actual instrumental arrangement here compared to your horteka stomp. I love the concept here, and the arrangement, but what's here needs more polish. Some sections just sound really convoluted when all the instruments are there. The clarity is lost. This needs more work with panning and eq at least. The first half of the mix feels empty. At times it just sounds like the string and drums. It needs some compositional additions there and better mixing of volume levels.

Too loud at 2:18. It becomes distorted. There's some clipping on the other instruments also.

I think the ideas and arrangement are very good, so I hope you go back to this with a fresh ear and make it the best it can be. There's a lot of potential. But the way this is now, there are too many flaws to let this through.

NO