New To FL Studios and Have Basic Question

Hi,

I just purchased a Dr Dre and Timbaland style kits and when I auditioned and found the kick I wanted, I loaded it into the sequencer, but when I played the beat I was making the kick sounded a lot weaker and not the same oomph as when auditioned. Is there a step I'm missing, like setting the note range for the sample or something? Thanks for all help in advance. TRB

Turn it up more - the browser previews louder than the actual sample.

I'm sorry, I might have stated it wrong. When I send it to piano roll and play it on the lower part of the keys, it sounds right...lower, than when it is in the sequencer. Thought maybe you had to set which part of the keyboard the sample is fired from. Thanks for any help.

TRB

Oh OK - that means the root note in the sample is messed up. Click on the sample once its dragged to an FL Sampler, then go to the FL sampler channel settings, and click the Misc tab. You should see a keyboard at the bottom of that window. Right click on "C5" above the keys. This should set a highlighted box there. This will reset the root note... see if that works.

Andy's right, by default, the original note is always previewed on C5, but you can choose to set the default step-sequencer trigger to any note you like. If you've done this by mistake, you can reset it in the channel settings window. Click the "MISC" tab and then click the "reset" button in the lower left corner above the key display.

Otherwise, I hope it's not a problem with the sample. I have actually encountered a rare problem with a few of my samples not playing the proper pitch/samplerate (I'm still not sure) when I load them into the playlist or step sequencer. I fixed the problem by editing the sample in Soundforge (or Audacity) and re-saving the wav file.

Ok, Thanks that worked, but, I have to do that with every sample. Is there some option button I can check to make it stay at C5 unless I change it.

I've tried ticking and unticking "Enable Main Pitch" and "Add to Key", yet I have to still change it, every time I change the sample. I'm more used to Acid Pro 7, but I like a lot of the features of FL studio just a learning curve I have to hurdle. Again Thanks in advance.

TRB

I've managed to figure out the reset button thing, but it still changes with every sample I drop on it. It's not an end of the world scenario, but a little annoying. I appreciate all the help you gave. I just have to keep working on the learning curve and having a blast while doing it.

TRB