Chip/Glitch/Strings/Opera WIP 'Forkbomb'

jezon2000

So, this is probably the coolest original WIP I've ever done. I've been trying to experiment with a pop sound that mixes my interest in electronica, chiptunes, opera, strings, and post-rock, and I think this mix has brought me a little closer to that goal. Ideally, I would have a vocalist, instead of having to sample, but this gets the message across. I think an operatic female vocalist would make this sound pretty cool, even if she had no glitch-processing done on her voice. Actually, I think that would sound magical and amazing. Maybe someday...

I think this may need some work in terms of a cooler bassline, but I'm also thinking about bringing in some bowed-guitar-like post-rock sounds to the mix (similar to the electro/"thrash" WIP I posted awhile back), and I might experiment with that. Right now the mix is busy, but still sounds a little chilled out. It would be cool to see it get more intense with another minute or so of material and have all the different sound elements converge in some kind of operatic post-rock chiptronica orgasm.

Well, listeners welcome. Let me know if you liked it :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?imt0iygwuj3

Ya know, this is a very interesting track. The way you combined all the different elements into one track is pretty awesome. Its sounds like a remix of a metal gear solid track.

The production seems pretty tight. Everything is easily heard over everything else. I like how the track really comes together towards the end there. Its very original. The use of the violins over the chiptunes and drum n bassish drum line is cool.

I'm not sure if you plan on making this longer, but its pretty damn good already. This would be good for right before a boss fight. In a dark cavern or something. Good work man!

Hah, you're giving me too much praise man :grin: My friend was saying this should be music in a fire stage. I was planning on making this longer, at least experimenting with it, with some kind of intense melding of all the elements in a kind of build up style at the end. Actually I'm hoping to find the time to get back to work on this later this week...

Thanks for all your comments, man. They are much appreciated.