A Man Chooses...(WIP)

IcedDevil

About a year ago, maybe a little longer, I had an idea to do a concept album from the Bioshock storyline. Sounds silly, I know but I managed to finish about 16 tracks then I just stopped working on it. The other day I came across the stuff on my flash drive and wanted to revisit the idea again. I had just purchased superior drummer 2.0 and I re did the drum tracks with that, lots of tweaking and mixing, so I just wanted to get some feedback and see what anyone thinks about it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vvm2moufyey

mmm. I really didn't care for the voice clips - mainly because I'm not an atheist elitist and think it goes against the central message. The guitars were good and the mix was very balanced and no bleedthrough, but the drums I felt were kinda weak somehow (they didn't sound right to me) and without any real melody until the end it just felt kinda pointless.

Its a good mix and a great start, but hardly something I'd listen to again. Put some melody and some more interesting stuff in it and then you'll have something to attract to.

mmm. I really didn't care for the voice clips - mainly because I'm not an atheist elitist and think it goes against the central message. The guitars were good and the mix was very balanced and no bleedthrough, but the drums I felt were kinda weak somehow (they didn't sound right to me) and without any real melody until the end it just felt kinda pointless.

Its a good mix and a great start, but hardly something I'd listen to again. Put some melody and some more interesting stuff in it and then you'll have something to attract to.

I hear what your talking about when it comes to the drums. They don't seem powerful enough. I just learned that layering another drum track on top of what you have already makes a huge difference. I layer just the snare and kick on top of the main track, but you have to use a different snare and kick sample. Other wise it sounds too copied and distant.

Otherwise. I really enjoyed this track. It is very well balanced and mixed though.

I wouldn't mind hearing more of what you have done for this album of yours.

I didn't intend for the sound clips to sound elitist. It's part of the story. The character was an Atheist, but that doesn't reflect my own beliefs.

I will still work on the drums some more, since Superior Drummer has alot of EQ options and samples. I also took your advice and recorded a melody/harmony guitar behind the rhythm sections in the "verse" to make it a bit more interesting, though I was going for more of a pure rhythm guitar track.

I'll post an update when I feel I have made substantial improvements to the original.

I wouldn't mind hearing more of what you have done for this album of yours.

I'll post some more stuff eventually. It's about 15 tracks or so I've worked on. I think I'm just really shy about my work, this is the first time I've really posted music for feedback, and I really appreciate everyone's input!