Chocobo's Theme - Chocobongo!!

The Biznut

This track was my entry to the 2009 Freshly Baked Remix Competition. I have only made a few complete remixes, this one came together the fastest. Of all the tracks I have worked on, this one probably needs the least amount of attention before I send it to the judges. I want to get a real polished mix together, but as I have never carried a mix too much farther than this point, I'm looking for some feedback.

What does this track need to become an OCRemix?

Its up at FBRC2009 on thasauce, scroll down a bit to find Chocobongo!! by Biznut.

Thanks in advance.

ARGHLOUD! chocobo sfx. ARHGLOUD! means it's too loud.

You'll at least need some processing on the drums, most sound completely dry and exposed. The arrangement is nice and groovy. If that's not all straight from source, you've done a great job with it.

Actually, many of your instruments sound thrown together. Read up on EQ and other effects, listen to similar, well-mixed music, and experiment with filling out the soundscape a little more, it's kind'a thin.

Not sure how the original Chocobo source goes (or whichever you used) so can't comment much on source usage. The Chocobo theme is undoubtedly there, along with some cool percussion stuff and a sweet groove. Take a backup, start mixing. It's worth it.