Final Fantasy X - Auron's Theme (unplugged)

rhapsodos

I return with another acappella/acoustic guitar arrangement... again just for fun >w> Term three just ended (last holiday before NCEA3 final exams... gah) so I decided it'd be fun to do one of these again.

Recently I've developed a fondness for Auron's theme so I decided to cover it similar-ish to my Costa de Sol cover, although I didn't do the second half of the piece. I'm quite proud of how this turned out actually, despite the slighty 'messiness' to the second half.

I don't like looping a track when I'm playing live so I ended up playing the same notes over and over again, but that's okay. I think it sounds more natural that way (because... it is natural). I accidentally overplayed two bars at the end - when I realised this I was in the middle of recording so I had to improv. it, haha. That became the ending.

Original source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4iwYgd9N3Y

And here's my arrangement -> http://www.box.net/shared/m2alr82mau

Hope you enjoy - and again, critique or comments are appreciated :)

A refined version of this might work for ocr, dunno how much more interpretation you'd need tho as it does sound cover-y. Not sure, tho, not that much time to listen and compare arrangements. Guitar sounds mic'ed weirdly (and played a little harshly sometimes). Some timing issues tho. Voice parts sound a little too mumbling and cluttered, a more clear lead voice wouldn't hurt. Lovely idea to do it like this, and not a bad execution.