*NO* Castlevania 2 'Alucard's Wrath'

Palpable

Your ReMixer name - Elektrowaz

Your real name - Jonathan Lemethy

Your website - http://www.myspace.com/elektrowaz

Your userid - http://www.ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=25883

• Name of game(s) arranged = Castlevania 2 Simons quest
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged = Bloody Tears
  • Your own comments about the mix = Well I made this becouse i was bored how few real techno/trance remixes it exists on this song :) Put alot of effort in this one to make it not only a remix but a catchy tune for other ears aswell:D

I hope you enjoy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/13508 - Track 2 ("Bloody Tears")

Didn't Alucard come into the picture in Castlevania 3? Maybe his wrath is based on the fact that he wasn't in this game hehe.

Production is decent here, but the arrangement wasn't very inspired IMO. I heard moments where you tried to change it up a tad, but nothing drastic. It felt basic in writing, and sounds and effects used. The key transitions were also a little awkward and the vocal samples were tacky and ill-fitting. The mixing could have been more balanced at times, those stacked leads can get loud! This would take some rethinking to be suitable for OCR, I'm afraid.

NO

Good, if generic synths, imo.

I think the arrangement is a little too basic and straightforward, with little in the way of expansion or additions to the source. You've done a little, but it needs to be brought out even more.

The main thing that struck me as needing the most work was how weak the transitions were and how cheesy the voices were. The transitions were so abrupt and killed the momentum, when they should have ramped up to the next section.

Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty fun track to listen to, but it doesn't fit within the OCR guidelines too well.

My advice OCR-wise is to spice up that arrangement, add some huge snare rolls to increase the intensity of the transitions, and cut out the vocal samples. It's a lot of work, but I think that's what it'd take to get onto OCR.

no

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with my fellow judges here. While production was decent the arrangement was lacking. The melodies were all pretty close to the source and the transitions very weak. Would definitely benefit from a more interpretive approach to the source and some more variation. The sounds were a bit generic and the voice samples out of place, could've passed if the arrangement was up to par though.

Sorry man but you'll have to develop this more. You have a good start and can obviously produce music, now you have to focus on arranging it too! Keep it up!

NO