Sierra adventure games remixes?

Magnus38

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there would be any interest in remixing tracks from some of my favourite games, which are the Sierra "Quest" series of games. These include King's Quest, Space Quest and Quest for Glory.

I think there is one song currently remixed, "concerning daventry" by Orkybash.

The games that I reckon would provide the best capacity for good remixes are the following: King's Quest 6, Space Quest 4+5 and also Quest for Glory 4.

The music is available to listen to from the site Quest Studios, which has MP3 and I think also ogg vorbis downloads available. This was fully allowed by Sierra On-Line, but I don't quite know the legality now that Sierra has been consigned to history by Activision.

Well, thats my pitch! I appreciate that those involved here have limited time to spend on projects (and there seem to be several on the go at the moment!), but I felt that PC gaming was overlooked slightly on this site, and I'd personally be very happy to see more PC game remixes here.

Keep up the good work folks!

Magnus.

At the very least, thanks for the link!

The Sierra games are tough in that music only played an occasional role--there wasn't a constant background track, for instance. Though, there were a few games that broke that mold (Quest for Glory IV, in particular, then you had the later Kings Quest games with vocal soundtracks and all.)

My personal favorite is the Faerie Battle theme from Quest for Glory IV. Best song of the game. Erana's Peace was also good. The Faerie Battle one would lend itself towards an electronica remix, and Erana's Peace... I'm not sure. KF

QfG4 did have one of the most complete scores, and possibly the best (imho!).

I actually have them playing on Winamp as I type this...

I quite like the Rusalka music. It fit the scene so well, gentle and innocent turning into darker and mysterious.

In terms of constructing an album, I think it would be worth picking from all of the QfG games (for example) rather than restricting to one. There are enough tracks to create a small collection, ordered by game in order.

My other personal favourites come from Space Quest IV and V. Kerona and the opening intro from SQ4 are highlights, along with Genetix from SQ5.

I have other requests from PC games of the past, but I thought I'd float this one first for a while, rather than spam three threads in one go.

I believe someone tried an Erana's Peace remix at some point, I think I stumbled upon it in the decisions forum and it stood out to me since I was surprised to see that someone had tried a QG mix. I'm a huge fan of the QG games so I'll certainly throw in my support, I'd love to see one of them make it to the front page.

The soundtracks (as previously mentioned) were for the most part not very in-your-face, but there were still some memorable songs. The "final battle" scene in QG3 had a song that I can still recall just by thinking about it, that might be an interesting one to try.

Sierra adventure games definitely has some great stuff. I loved the music in Space Quest 3 (composed by Supertramp drummer Bob Siebenberg) and other SQ games and also some of the ditties in the Police Quest and Larry games. Police Quest 4 has an awesome tune called "The Rainbow Café". Not very original, but great nontheless.

• 10 months later...