Combating Digital Distribution: Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman UMD Preorder

ifirit

Saw this thread over at CAG.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240052

For anyone whose either played the demo of Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This? or purchased a digital copy the PlayStation Network game, this is your chance to help get the game a much needed release on a physical format, namely UMD (for PSP).

Didn't see any mention of this, and I know it's not technically a "deal", I didn't know where else to put it and thought it was worth a mention for anybody who might be interested.

Found on Rosenqueen's website: they're gauging interest in a UMD version of Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!, which has only been available on PSN as a download thus far. The UMD version will be $19.99 (which aside from shipping appears to be the same price as the downloadable version), but they will only actually produce the game if 1,000 preorders are placed. The info on the site says that they will not charge until orders are actually shipped, and to not place orders purely to increase the "votes" for the game's production (i.e. multiple orders by one person only count as one "vote").

Preorders stop being taken on November 13th, and the game ships in mid-December if it's actually going to happen. Orders will be cancelled if there aren't enough to begin production.

Anyone who was wanting a physical copy of the game (like me), this seems like basically the best chance for it to happen, and there's really no loss for placing a preorder (assuming they REALLY don't charge until it ships; this is Rosenqueen after all!) Either they cancel your order and you never get charged, or you end up with your copy of the game.

Link: http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?pr...1&cat=0&page=1

Yeah I placed a preorder for this myself.. I've been pleased with just about everything they've made thus far in the gaming world though I've yet to touch Disgaea 3.. Looks like a fun game, hope it goes through and we can snag a physical copy of it.. I mean 20 bucks is a steal if it's anything like other games they've produced.