*NO* Deus Ex 'Machina' *FT*

GrayLightning

DJ Ikronix Fallthrough

I submitted a Deus Ex remix on Oct 21, but I believe that IUMA has been a horrific host recently. It seems to be up right NOW, with decent bandwith, but it was completely down only 24 hours ago. Gah. I'm betting that DJP tried to download it, and it was either down, or transferring at a hot 6 bytes per second.

In any case, I uploaded it to VGMix as well, so there's another location to download from.

So, onto the song.

I started this in August, and my early WIP, a orchestral-style song, got ripped to shreds on the WIP boards, so I overhauled it into what exists now: an ambient, breakbeat song. This is a remix of the ending theme to Deus Ex, both on the PS2 and PC. The intro and bridge of the song has a different melody, but is built on the same chord structure (although rearranged a bit) as the original.

Speaking of the original.

Sorry about the Mp3 format, but as far as I know, no MIDI file exists anywhere.

So, in case I need to rewrite this stuff...

my ReMixer name is : Ikronix

my real name is : Robert Brooks

my email address: robertbrooks@hotmail.com

If you need any more info, let me know. Normally, I wouldn't fallthrough anything, but I think my server lost me an opportunity, so I don't think waiting will help much.

In any case, thanks in advance.

R.B.

Pretty weak, yes. You got the drumloop and single instruments going on. Loops twice and ends unconvincingly.

Just go for more. Elaborate on melody, use different instruments. Dont stick to minimalism.

I must say though. Theres a real good flow. I'm pretty borderline as it is.

NO

Due to uncertainty and vast moral dillema, I'm gonna have to reconsider this one. My NO was not definite.

I'll listen more.

Ok. I liked the style in this song very much, especially with what was going on later. The drums change enough. To add much more to this song would probably kill the style.

I've listened to this like 30 times now. I'm right on the border.

Took a while but I'm pretty into it now. Sad that this song will never see the light of day in OCR. Cool stuff, I'm keepin it.

YES

Not a big fan of how you used Slayer here. It's very droney and buzzy and doesn't add much at all to the texture of the song. Percussion lacks a high end, as Malcos mentioned. Drums are quite loopy, and very lo-fi.

Not a bad groove, but it seems much to simplistic. The original sounded cleaner and more interesting. This arrangement is pretty weak. Not a lot of highs and lows in the progression of the song. Sounds seem quished into one area of the spectrum.

NO

I'm borderline on this, I could almost go either way. But I think the other judges have definitely summed up what I think could be improved here. I want to yes this, but I think this could do with a bit more polishing up.

This is a simple minimalistic electronica piece. What would work for me if there was more density here. More instrumentation going on subtley in the background. Some more effects processing and also change up the drum work once in a while. Very close one, like DJI's other mixes I like the vibe of this. But a little more could make this go a long way and then resubmit. Borderline NO.