Palpable

ReMixer name: halc

Email: halcyonmix@gmail.com

UserID: 23301

Game: Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

Individual Song: Frozen Hyrule

Name of Remix: The Electric Flute

Comments:

I spent a fair deal of time mixing this track while at work. So I kinda like got paid to make this remix.

At 0:50 I am tributing beej's "Fragments of Gold", because it's like one of the best remixes EVAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frozen Hyrule

I think it's somewhat conservative in how it handles the source, though with a host of small little details thrown in, like harmonies and changed arpeggios, it's probably alright on that end. As an arrangement, it's sometimes a little odd and jumpy and I wish it didn't shift so much, but it's still enjoyable. The aforementioned new arpeggios sounded really nice. That pad in the beginning sounds low-quality, possibly sampled, not a good choice to keep around IMO, but it's not exposed that often. Pretty much I'm not super excited about this track, but I feel it's a pass. I'm sorry to say I thought it was a small step down from previous halc stuff we've heard.

YES

Some pretty rockin ideas- i loved the sword slash sound as a snare, and the other effects added were pretty excellent as well. The slowdown transition was good, but not seamless, i'd have added a more pronounced slowdown.

As far as arrangement, I agree that it's more vanilla than i'm used to hearing from halc. There's a fair amount of personalization. via arpeggios and some sfx and harmonies, and the new bits fit well, but yeah, not halc's best.

yes (borderline)

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, this source is an interesting adaptation of the Dark World theme from LttP. A bit more noteworthy than the track from the game that is the Dark World theme from LttP (literally).

Arrangement mostly takes the expansive approach, but it checks out. The melody and chords are changed in a few places, the slow section is good, and there's a lot of original material in there. Pretty close, but I'm okay with it. Production is pretty crisp, not a whole lot to complain about. The flute does get a little lost in the synths in the louder sections, though it's not so bad, and the overall sound of those sections is nice.

I liked it. :<

YES

As always there's a nice blend of sounds here, halc's trademark sound. Sometimes I feel the mixing could be a bit better since some elements I find important (melodies mainly) get lost in the back. Arrangement was good with some nice backing stuff, not quite as polished as your other subs but a pass nonetheless. Overall it's a neat little package of awesome and I hope you continue making music and evolve your already appealing craft.

YES