*NO* Tekken 4 'Synthetic Reference'

Palpable

CONTACT INFO

Remixer Name: Gorillamatic

SUBMISSION INFO

Game: Tekken 4 "Playstation2"

Original Song Title: Authentic Sky by Satouru Kosaki

My Personal Remix Title: Synthetic Reference by Gorillamatic (Included in attatchment)

Additional Info: It's been a while since I have made music. I always liked how mellow and laid back Authentic Sky was...and I have always wanted to remix it; so I did. Thanks for taking the time to evaluate my submission.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The backing track of this is direct sampled (or meticulously recreated) which makes it a no go, though I thought the additions on top of it were pretty cool, playing well within the confines of the original track. Still, too much sampling for OCR, sorry.

NO

Major bummer.. As soon as we get a remix of the AWESOME Tekken soudntracks there's something big holding it back. Palpable said it all really, sampling is a no-go here, especially when it's used as much as it is here. The additions were pretty cool but there wasn't enough to make the arrangement your own. You definitely have potential, you just have to step outside the source make a proper arrangement instead of a remix like this. Keep it up!

NO