*NO* Vectorman 'Metalic Ocean' *FT*

Israfel

Mixer: Riddler Sensei

--------------------------

When I first started this, the intent was to see how much bass my friend's subwoofers could take. After tinkering with it a bit, I decided to tone the bass down a bit to a tolerable level and make it a real mix (though the bass is still rather heavy). Obviously, the main point of the mix is the bass; there's a lot of it. There are complimenting high parts, but the intent is to loose yourself in the heaviness of the bass part and kind of space out to an extent.

• 2 weeks later...

I can hear good groove potential here. Unfortunately there are several issues to do with how the song was mixed and mastered.

The combination of using too much reverb and emphasising the bass at the same time has caused the bass to distort. I personally know that this sort of reverb heavy and bass heavy tune takes time to mix - tweak the settings carefully to keep it big, but not too much or it'll become muddy, as this has. No reverb on the kick! Needs more work.

NO

Not much else to say, the bass thing just isn't working for me. I don't know what's up with your friend's sub, but I sure can't hear any true sub-end. The drums show little in the way of effective EQ or Processing techniques, Each drum sound should carve out its own "niche" of Frequency space, so each sound can be heard loud and articulate. Along with the uber-repetitious synthage on top of the mix, I can't give this one the go.

NO GO

-D