Palpable

• Your ReMixer name = .echo
  • Your real name = Eddie
  • Your website = TBA
  • Your userid = 29883

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged = Megaman/Rockman 8
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged = Frostman Theme Remix
  • Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)
  • Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.
    My first attempt at remixing. Tribute to one of my favorite game soundtracks. I think I may have gone overboard with the synth but it was a learning experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a bad sub at all, nice hip hop groove going on, and while the textures weren't anything epic, they weren't bad for the most part. The biggest gripe I have with this one is the level of repetition. I felt like after a minute, this should have developed a little more, but it basically sounds like a groove track that's missing vocals.

Not a bad first submission at all, just try to change it up a little bit, let the music go somewhere. Don't rely so much on just the beat and rhythm to carry a song for more than a minute or two.

NO

[01:06] * Liontamer is listening to Mega Man 8 'Frost Man Theme' (03:04)

[01:07] <Liontamer> Synth design was pretty vanilla, and the gated rhythms were also pretty corny, IMO

[01:09] <Liontamer> The gating and delay just sounded goofy and made the source theme difficult to make out aside from a few brief moments

[01:09] <Liontamer> And also made the overall writing sound a lot less substantive

Undeveloped, plodding, repetitive, boring, not melodious, and didn't sound much like the Frost Man Stage theme. Jeez, you'd think I was Disco Dan with that vote.

Sure, there was a groove, but there wasn't much to the track beyond that. Sorry, bro, can't say I was feeling this on any level, and I've loved the source tune since way back.

NO

I agree with the previous voters here. You're relying a lot on repetition, try giving the arrangement some more shape. The gated rhythms made the source a bit hard to follow and it felt like it could have been used in many different ways. Production sounded a bit thin and lo-fi but was overall okay. Overall this mix has some way to go, you need to expand your ideas, vary stuff up and create a proper arrangement. Good luck!

NO