*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'The Wind Fish'

Palpable

"The Wind Fish"

Contact Information

Name (both real and remixer): Caius Roth

Submission Information

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Song Arranged: "Ballad of the Wind Fish"

This is my first shot at a remix. I wanted to put the melody more or less as-is into a pseudo-orchestral setting. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks.

-Caius

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/15485 47 - "Ballad of the Wind Fish"

Nice arrangement for a first remix. The idea to add an orchestral backing to the Ballad was a good one, but I don't think the production sold your concept. It was played too evenly and the parts blurred together when there should have been more separation. I could hear some changes between each iteration, but they were small and I would have liked to hear something more. So I'm gonna have to say NO. But if you want to spend more time on this, I'd like to hear another version.

NO (resubmit)

I have to agree with Vinnie here. The track, while a pretty arrangement, seemed to go on auto pilot through it all. Work more with dynamics and variation in the way it's played. The samples were also not the best. If they were used in another track (say electronica or rock) I might've accepted it but here the samples are carrying the whole track. Solo orchestral needs to use samples, articulation and dynamics to be a convincing piece of music much like how rock mostly won't get by on sequenced guitar.

Definitely not bad for a first submission but you have to kick it up another notch. Work with the samples, make the arrangement a bit more dynamic and you should be in better shape.

NO

the arrangement was in fact nice, but the qsequencing was a bit too basic to carry this one. Work on adding more dynamics via velocities and volume adjustments, and the timing could stand to be way more human.

Also, I think Vinnie's idea of making the different renditions more unique is a good one as well. There were minor variations, but they need to be more apparent.

A good start, but it needs some work. Keep at it. :-)

no