Dante's Inferno

Schwaltzvald

• 3 weeks later...

So hey finally finished

and I have to say I was fully entertained. For the record I've never played a GoW game before but I can find some instances where I'm reminded of a couple of games; in particularly Super Castlevania IV and Ninja Gaiden (the NES game).

Keeping a single weapon with subweapons used as spells just keeps me thinking Castlevania, hell the scythe at times extends enough to remind me of the whip; especially what moves are used causing it to extend and morph. The spell referred to as "Sins of the Father" was pretty much Simon Belmont's Cross Boomerang on steroids. The relatively fast pace combat reminded me at times of Ninja Gaiden as well as its quick death-then-back-in-action. No load times after each death. Heck the game barely had load times except for when I slip it in to the PS3 and it starts up.

Overall I do wonder, if the ending was any indication, how they plan to continue it. There is Purgatorio and Paradiso of La Divina Commedia left.

however...

Perhaps John Milton's "Paradise Falls" will come to play instead..?

enjoyable game overall imho