Yamaha KX61

Koriantor

I hate asking dumb questions. Unfortunately, I have to every once and a while :roll:, everyone's a noob at one point right? (this is my point)

I just got a Yamaha KX61 for Chritmas today, and I was excited to try it out! This is my first dive into the audio tech, and I'm super excited to get started on it.

I plug it in correctly, install the latests drivers and all the good stuff. Vista recognizes it and I'm excited. I boot up my demo version of Fruity loops (I'm going to buy a higher version later) and follow the help to set up the MIDI controller for Fruity Loops.

Avast, no avail.

FL didn't recognize my input, and I don't understand why. I know that the controller is based for Cubase, but it's just a controller, shouldn't it be FL compatible too? Any help here would be hot. please? :wink:

(also, I don't know how much/what info you guys need, so if you need to know more, I'll try to give it)

Here's a few things to try,

Firstly, I'd recommend restarting your computer now that you've installed drivers if you haven't tried that already.

Then make sure you turn on your keyboard before starting FL Studio. Now start up FL. In the midi settings check if your keyboard shows up as an input option, it should. If it doesn't, things might be more complicated, but it should show up there.

Are you using a USB connection or just midi out?

If it does show up, select it in the list and light up the "Enable" box, also light up the "Auto Accept Controller" box. You may need to close out of FL and start it up again at this point. Your controller should work now hopefully.

Something to keep in mind, at least with my keyboard is that I need to have the keyboard connected and turned on before starting FL Studio or it won't recognize it.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Are you using a USB connection or just midi out?

Ok, so, that question kind of stuck out at me. I thought it was a simple question so I browsed over it. Then I looked at the options on my keyboard and sure enough, it was trying to use the midi connection to communicate.

You just made my Christmas! :-D Merry Christmas!