Rivalry!

Swann

So I made a pseudo-classical piano arrangement of the Rival/Champion Battle themes from Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver during winter break. It was finished, but then my laptop went and bluescreened on me, and I lost all my then-recent files for that week. Now I'm stuck in a musical rut and can't finish the darn thing, so here, have at it. I'll post the sheet music after I get out of Physics.

Any and all criticism is more than welcome. Enjoy!

Haha no I'll finish it eventually, but it'll just take time. I want it to segue to the ending as smoothly (and hopefully, as epically) as possible, and it's just that I want to do as good a job as I can. I don't want to, in my rush to finish, sacrifice quality.

It's sequenced for the time being. I'll perform it if/when I have/get time after I finish my other WIP.

EDIT: finished touching up the sheet music, go check it out if you're interested.

Haha no I'll finish it eventually, but it'll just take time. I want it to segue to the ending as smoothly (and hopefully, as epically) as possible, and it's just that I want to do as good a job as I can. I don't want to, in my rush to finish, sacrifice quality.

It's sequenced for the time being. I'll perform it if/when I have/get time after I finish my other WIP.

EDIT: finished touching up the sheet music, go check it out if you're interested.

Oh in this case, GREAT.

Finished! While this wasn't the original ending I think it's almost on par with it.

This mix was born when, while lounging around during winter break, in a spurt of boredom, I fired up my old Pokemon Red save. I was battling Lance of the elite four, and it took me no time at all until I was fighting my rival again. While I'd heard the music many times, as cliché as this may sound, it just "hit me." A piano mix. Do it. I started immediately. Quickly running out of material, and not really wanting to overstay the source's welcome because it's so short, (only a minute long, and I was vying for a conservative approach) I decided to tie in the championship battle theme (aka Red's theme) from Gold/Silver. The transition between the two took more time than the rest of the arrangement--I had completely run out of ideas before I thought of using the "low health... you're screwed" sound byte. With that out of the way and having little else to do I blitzed through the rest of the arrangement. Boring blah blah blah redid the ending blah blah and here we are.

tl;dr- there really aren't enough pokemon mixes around, so here's my contribution. Please, any comments and/or criticisms are more than welcome!

New mp3: http://sites.google.com/site/taylorswannmusic/Rivalrytake7.mp3

New sheets: http://sites.google.com/site/taylorswannmusic/Rivalry!sheets.pdf

Note: the last measures should diminuendo to niente. Pedal (una chorda) the last right hand notes and hold until they have faded, while playing the "low health" bit.