*NO* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 'Fields of Twilight'

Liontamer

ReMixer name: SunSpire

UserID: 29271

Arranged Game: Zelda Twilight Princess

Arranged Song: Hyrule Field Overworld Theme

Song Name: Fields Of Twilight

Comments: Hello OCRemix, this my very first submission to the site, yay!

I wrote this song for a friend some time ago who enjoyed playing Twilight Princess just as much as

I did and she suggested I'd send it to OCRemix so other Zelda fans could listen to it as well.

The game's soundtrack is a beautiful one, however some of the songs are very basic and I've been

wanting to remake those for a long time. This song is the start to a hopefully bigger project,

provided there's enough interested listeners out there :)

I hope I did everything correct, looking forward to your review!!

So long,

Marco

"SunSpire"

-------------------------------

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Hyrule Field"

Opened up pretty interestingly with some stuff based off the chord progression of the original. A pretty loose connection to the source that I wouldn't necessarily count as source usage. The source tune kicked in at 1:00 with a pretty straightforward, quiet take on the melody, followed by belltones at 1:29, then both in tandem at 2:00.

It's certainly an alright approach here that's very genteel compared to the source. The leads really should have been louder. If you wanted them to not totally be upfront, they still could have been louder yet blended into the rest of the soundscape. With the leads so relatively quiet, my ear was drawn to how repetitive the backing pattern was. And the backing pattern was, indeed, ultimately too repetitive. Though repetitive, it filled out the soundscape very nicely and was still pleasant to listen to. But when you mentally strip that part away, there was little else going on.

2:29 finally switched up to something different, but again, once you get rid of the core pad filling out the background, it sounds like there were only 2 or 3 other parts in the entirety of the track. and the leads were still too quiet. Back to the same pattern from the starting point at 3:32 until the finish at 4:48.

This was pretty chill to listen to. Aside from the sound balance issues though, there just needs to be more development going on as far as the interpretation and number of parts. See what else you can do to provide more substance and variation within the arrangement and you'll further realize the potential here. Not a bad first effort at all, Marco.

NO (resubmit)

I have to agree with Larry that things tended to get a bit repetitive and plodding after awhile, and the low volume in the leads attributes to that. I definitely enjoy the chilled out and serene feel you are going for, but more needs to happen to keep things interesting throughout. Harmonies were a bit vanilla for the entire track, so expanding on those would be a great way to further personalize it. Additional counterpoint or chords would assist in filling things out, and adding more tone color.

Though some parts were thin, the balance was generally there, minus the too-weak leads. With a little bit of additional work, this could definitely make it.

no, please resub

I love the low string entrance at around :40. very dramatic. I feel like the first minute and a half of this tune would be a great intro to a more developed song. I'm thinking percussion of some kind. As it is, it never really picks up steam. There's no beat anywhere, and there needs to be.

Keep the first minute and a half, ditch everything else, and create a more exciting body.

NO