*NO* Raiden 'Level 2 Mix'

OceansAndrew

HI !

I have made a new remix called

RAIDEN - LEVEL 2

I hope you like it and you will upload it.

Sorry for my bad english,but i'am from germany.

Very nice greets from

CZ-Tunes

source:

http://www.zophar.net/music/hes/raiden.html

track 2.

edit: CZ-Tunes didn't note that it also contained raiden 2 music; i had to dig this up myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKi6QeIPzXI

1:06 specifically

Please make sure you label your tracks correctly with source references- this sat on the panel a bit because only 1 of the sources was cited. :-(

Once I discovered the secret, this made a lot more sense, and it's clear there is enough source. However, it's pretty much the same as the game as far as arrangement, with a few minor additions. There needs to be more expansion or interpretation of the source for this to be OCR material. As of right now, it sounds like mostly a sound upgrade.

Production was a mixed bag, with some good sound effects and transitions, but mechanical sequencing, somewhat buried leads, and and a very vanilla soundscape. Some additional clarity and punch would be welcome as well.

I enjoy the track, and think you picked an excellent source, but I have to give this one a no.

This has got a whole host of problems, starting with the fact that there isn't a whole lot of arrangement going on. It does sound like a sound upgrade, with some cookie cutter synths added. The drum patterns get repetitive, and even the break sounds like you just filtered it. I like the fills you have going, those add to the mix, but some more drastic variety in pattern would have improved this, I feel.

Then the production. The overall soundscape is thin, and the snare is weak. Something needs to fill that void. Sequencing is very rigid.

There's a lot you can improve here. Keep working at it.

NO

Can't add much here. You need to develop the arrangement, be interpretive with the source and make it your own. It has been said but I'll say it again, this sound more like a sound upgrade. The production is overall thin, the drums especially lack any low frequencies and sound VERY clicky. There's an overall lack of meat in the track, the synths all sound thin and a bit plodding. This needs needs to be expanded a lot, you show some promise though so I'm looking forward to any remixes in the future.

NO