Monty on the Run Remix

ELC1837

Monty on the Run from Martians [remix]

Yes, cheesy title: couldn't think of a more appropriate title without either going into Panic at the Disco length titles or multiple copyrights. Anyhow, this is my first "remix", taking an 8-bit track and modifying it with Audacity, and I like the result. I'd still need some feedback though: particularly comparing the butchered bass-line of the remix to the grittiness of the original (which doesn't translate well with the edits made) and seeing which is the lesser of two evils.

EDIT: hosting through mediafire now.

All I hear is a jumbled mess of denoiser abuse. :P That's not how we remix.

Dunno what your plan with the remix is, but if you're thinking of making ocr-type music (as if there is such a type) with Audacity, an audio rip and a denoiser you're not gonna get far. In any case, you'd probably do better with a sequencer. You were already suggested Reaper, you'll probably do better with a sequencer than with an audio editor.

? What do you mean by "jumbled mess"? If you're talking about the delay-echo, it's mostly there for a rough translation of beeps to fake instruments (a template of sorts I assure you), and it just so happens its creates a Dreamweaver-esque vibe, especially in the intro. And yes, the denoiser did take a bit of it out: my mistake was probably selecting the entire track for the noise profile instead of either of the solo bass sections.

Anyhow, my plan is to create a fairly simple remix [remastered?] (very little rearranging, if any) by matching instuments up to channel+portions, ultimately creating something like a sci-fi/horror theme. Violin, guitar, and bass (maybe electric: not sure yet) will be definite inclusions, as will another instrument to simulate the more electronic sounds (for some reason, I'm thinking a high-pitched synthesizer). I'm listening to

for a bit of inspiration regarding instruments needed, but I'm open to suggestions.