*NO* Mega Man 3 'Sparks'

djpretzel

I've just completed a remix of Spark Man's level. Some friends of mine said I should try to sumbit it to you guys. So that's what I'm doing. :)

You can find it here:

Enjoy,

-Squid

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar – FREE!

http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/

Hmm.

It started out with the promise of being interesting by virtue of being different. But then it runs into some FUGLY harmonics after the intro. The song recovers and does some pretty interesting things after that, but man, for a second there, I was not luvin' it.

I have no doubt that some people are going to be against the slow, plodding nature of this remix, but I like it. It would be better if the sound were fleshed out more (more instruments, every range filled, etc.). There are some moments where it is awkardly empty, awkward in the sense that the emptiness doesn't really add anything to the piece. Another strike against it is that it's pretty repetative without adding new and/or exciting variations our way. This is doubly important in this kind of piece where the tempo is so ponderously slow.

Kind of an awkward, first-kiss-on-your-cousin ending too. :/

NO

This doesn't work for me. It's a bit of a mess conceptually and in execution. I don't think the lead and bass sound too well together. I think this mix would have worked better if it was more atmospheric, instead of half and half. Production values are quite lacking as well. Not a bad mix at all, this is fairly average. A lot more could be done here. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

NO