*NO* Super Mario Land 'Xformz'

djpretzel

Man, how many hours did I spend trouncing about on that game with my granny-panties huge Gameboy One.

---

Ooo. It kicks into high gear. Judging by the intro, I thought it was going to be something... I don't know. Cookiecutterish. But it ain't, and fresh-thinking is always a plus in the Book of Wingless.

It's short, but this is the ultra-rare example of when brevity is more to this song's benefit than stretching it out for miles and leagues. This guy had a simple idea to get across, he did it, and there was nothing more to say, so he left. It seems obvious, but in execution, few people remember the obvious...

A part of me knows this will not be everyone's cup of tea for one inexplicable reason or another, but there is nothing I can think of to keep this from going up.

YES

Fun, however the idea of Wingless' granny panties aren't.

I agree with wingless on this one. This is like the coucou mix, just pure fun. This has the intangibles of an enjoyable mix, even though the production isn't up to par with our normal standards. Nice.

Edit: This is a fun mix, but upon closer inspection I have to agree with the other judges and I think there should be more arrangement here to pass. Please resubmit.

No

This is a smattering of drum loops, a verbatim iteration of the main melody, and some kind of cool Game Boy sounds.

It's also 1:24 long.

It has basic string samples supporting the chord structure.

Make it a decent length, at LEAST 2:30, show a semblance of arrangement, and find a way to separate your tracks, instead of a plum pudding conglomeration of center channel, lo-fidelity auralification.

NO!

-D

Way way too short. There's absolutely no arrangement (i dont think drums and altered instrumentation counts.)

It's a nice demo for an upcoming remix, but if this is the finished product, we should not be encouraging this type of laziness.

NO

There's plenty of precedent for us rejecting decent-sounding remixes because they are too short to have a decent arrangement. 1:20 is far too short. C'mon, let's get with the program.

• 2 weeks later...