*NO* Sonic & Knuckles 'Infinite Horizon'

Palpable

ReMixer name: Kruai

Your email address: abprice@gmail.com

UserID: 19037

Game: Sonic and Knuckles

Song: Final Boss

This is my second submission to OCRemix, Infinite Horizon. I loved the epicness of the final boss song from Sonic 3 (and Knucles), so I decided to make a remix of it. I made it with Reaper, after tweaking a bunch of virtual instruments to make this sound. I like making sounds that, combined, aren't normally heard together (i.e. the strings, rock guitar, sax, breakbeat drums all put together). I hope this one sounds nice to you guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Some weird balance choices, with a somewhat indistinct pad covering everything and mechanical sequencing don't really give this one a lot of hope early on, and unfortunately, the production doesn't get much better. Nothing sounds crisp, and there is almost no high end at all. The leads are buried, and though there are a lot of cool ideas, it is difficult to hear them all through the mud.

The arrangement is pretty cool though, though that drumloop gets a bit stale as the track goes on.

Basically this needs a lot of production work and re balancing. You will definitely want to hit up our WIP forums and get some assistance there. :-)

no

Some weird balance choices, with a somewhat indistinct pad covering everything and mechanical sequencing don't really give this one a lot of hope early on, and unfortunately, the production doesn't get much better. Nothing sounds crisp, and there is almost no high end at all. The leads are buried, and though there are a lot of cool ideas, it is difficult to hear them all through the mud.

The arrangement is pretty cool though, though that drumloop gets a bit stale as the track goes on.

Basically this needs a lot of production work and re balancing. You will definitely want to hit up our WIP forums and get some assistance there. :-)

Hate to copy that verbatim, but OA summarized it well. Like Vinnie also said, this is an interesting arrangement, but, as OA said, the sequencing is brutal and your sound balance makes zero sense. Your supporting drumwork is nearly buried, and the overall levels are too quiet. Yet the bass is super phat. You drastically need to address those issues just to make this properly listenable.

On the plus side, your arrangement was interesting, so you seem to have that part clicking pretty well. Now you need to get the production and execution up to snuff to better realize the potential of your arrangement ideas. Keep at it, Asa.

NO