Palpable

Your ReMixer name: iR2-X

Your real name: Kevin Shih

Your website: 3r2.deviantart.com

Your userID: 30907

Name of game(s) arranged: Kirby's Adventure

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Yogurt Yard

Song Title: Yogurt Love

Your own comments about the mix: Well , it's my first time submitting my remix to this website. Alot of people told me to submit some remixes to OCRemix before .Well , here it is : A happy hardcore remix of Yogurt Yard.

Song URL:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cute song, very energetic and fun take on a great source. Maybe in the early days, I could see something like this passing, and honestly it would be fun to see a song like this make it now and then, but I didn't feel like this mix did much. There's some original bookends, and the melody is played almost straight with the 'ardcore doing the same thing each time, along with some random sounds to break it up. It's a pretty short mix, there's a lot more you could do with it. I also thought it was overcompressed and too loud, though that starts to get into personal taste - the elements were clear. With some more sections that play off the original, maybe a break that handles the bass and gives the lead a rest, this could pass.

NO (resubmit)

Wow, this sounds totally authentic. Major props!

All it missing, IMO, is the totally spastic piano comping, which I think would actually fill this out really well and make it a better mix. As of right now, it's also super short. Like, it could be twice as long really, and have some expansion in there. Having a piano breakdown would also help it out lengthwise.

Production is solid, but a little high on the RMS. You could probably bring it down slightly, but as Vinnie said, it's still pretty clear.

You definitely know what you are doing in the genre, but the arrangement needs some more for this to get onto OCR, I really hope you add some to this, OCR needs more happy hardcore. :-)

no, please resub

This is actually some pretty solid happy hardcore! However it's lacking a bit in a few areas that are important. Firstly, it's really really short. Twice as long would give room for some more expansion and personalization of the theme. What you have is pretty awesome (very denpa) but you could take it a little bit further. I suggest adding some less sparse backing at times, just to pad things out. Maybe ease up a bit on the volume/compression too but man, after that you'll have a winner.

I really hope you resubmit this, we need stuff like this on OCR. Keep it up!

NO(resubmit)