*NO* Dark Cloud 2 'Strands from the Future'

Palpable

ReMixer Name: Fallen Seraph

Email address: fallen_seraphx@yahoo.co.uk

Userid: 21396

Name of game ReMixed: Dark Cloud - Dark Chronicle (Dark CLoud 2)

Name of individual song ReMixed: Battle for the Future

Comments: Hm, not too sure what to write about in here. Okay, got it! The original track has been haunting me for a very very long time; and I have tried numerous times to wield this beast into a form that could flirt with my style without serious repercussions. Hopefully it worked out.

Can't remember when I completed the track but it's been sitting on my laptop for a few months now.

Um...guess nothing more to say than hoping you enjoy the track!

- Fallen (Wina A. Kamlongera)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I really enjoyed the arrangement of this track, and I think your style is pretty fresh and very cool. The issue I have with the track specifically is the balance, where the melodic aspects are a bit buried under the percussion and backing pads.

There's a decent amount of panning, and there's a good room sound,but a lot of the samples seemed thin, though that might also be because of the aforementioned balance problems. The arrangement also seemed a little static, as it's the same general instrumentation throughout, and only 1 noticeable shift in energy, which was the (well handled) B section. I think ramping up the dynamics overall would help this.

This is close, but it still needs some polish. I suggest checking out the WIP forums to get some advice on both the balance and dynamics, and then perhaps the samples. :-)

no, please resub

I absolutely agree with OA, the melodic aspects like the piano should've been much louder and some of the backing elements should've been more tucked in. That was the biggest issue with this, though there were also some mechanical sequencing issues with the leads. With those fixed, I'd almost certainly be a YES on this. The hip-hop/live instrument combination is really original, and the processing is slick. Very creative percussion as well.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a broken record here; the backing right now is really pulling into the forefront, and the melodies and other aspects you have going on are suffering for it. Along with that, Vinnie mentioned the mechanical sequencing in the leads. I'd extend that to some other background aspects like the strings at times.

I feel like overall that the arrangement feels a little thin. It feels at times like this was almost meant to be the background to some vocals/rap over this. Beefing up the volume will help this feel a little more solid, and maybe some backing pads. Also, this might be just me, but the organ synth really isn't cutting it in my opinion. Something about it just gets to me.

I'm going further echo Andrew about arrangement getting a bit static. The balance might actually take care of this, but it might not hurt to have an idea or two that's new to keep up the interest level.

I think it's on the right track, keep at it. NO