OCR02102 - *YES* Mega Man 'Morning Walk in the Burning City'

OceansAndrew

A bit difficult to find some of the source for me in some parts at first, especially the beginning, since there there isn't that really sharp synth in the original, but the chord progression and structure all checks out. I think the issue for me is that you personalized it so well, that unless the melody was playing, it wasn't apparent. Several listens through, it clicked though, and the track is pretty much all source.

This is an incredible mix with great performances, excellent vibe, and very well-thought out details. The arrangement is both creative, and restrained, with just enough flash to keep it exciting, but not so much that it changes the mood. Well done!

yes

I love the sound and the performance. Great concept. I actually love this track except for one thing. And I Really hate this one thing. When the beat drops out at :50. This really does not work at this point in the song. Maybe it would work better in the middle once you've already ramped up the energy. It also might have worked better if you only left the beat out for the first half of the phrase, bringing it all back in after the first muted wah strums. God I hate the way you did this. I almost want to say no because of it, but I cant.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Intro built very slowly and I think Vig's right that the beat drop lasts too long for how little the song had built up to this point. But luckily, once the song gets going, it sounds great. I really thought you handled the B-section excellently. Inspired chord alterations, instruments complement each other beautifully. Beats had me nodding my head, and the new guitar parts completed the picture.

It's a YES, but I think you could have made this stronger. Besides revamping the slow intro, it would have been nice to hear more difference between the repetitions of each section, maybe with some more prominent change-ups.

YES