*NO* Super Mario World 'Bowser Prevails'

Liontamer

Hi,

My name's Al. I'm an OCRemix noobie. This is my first ever submission to OCR.

Contact Info

Artist Name: Ardent Al

Email: alswettenham@hotmail.co.uk

User ID: 31026

Website: I don't really have a website as such but you can check out my music on Facebook

Submission Info

Name of game: Super Mario World

Name of original song: Castle BGM

Remix Title: Bowser Prevails

The style of this remix was heavily influenced by the Justice but also by Wendy Carlos and 70s prog rock keyboard parts. It was made using Ableton Live and Reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was a pretty cool expansionist take on the original, but the overall structure was too close to the original, including many sounds from the original. But let's be clear, the sound upgrade and overall genre adaptation is hot. I'm definitely gonna be playing this one in my car, and I love listening to it.

But structurally it's just not an interpretive enough treatment by a long shot. If you could add more melodic, rhythmic and/or structural interpretation here, something to not treat the theme in such a straightforward manner, this would be an easy pass for me. If you want to keep it as is, that's cool. I'm definitely not implying it's a bad piece of music. This is good music, it just, IMO, falls outside the level of interpretation we're looking for. Cool sound, Al. Keep at it, and I hope we hear more from you!

NO (resubmit)

Nice choice of software Al, I feel close to you already!

Sadly though I could basically copy+paste Larry's vote here. The structure and sounds were to similar to the original to be considered an interpretive arrangement. Even the melodies stayed relatively close to the source. You could definitely do more here and I can tell you could pull it off. Go the extra OCR-mile!

NO(resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...