*NO* Rush'n Attack 'INVASION!'

Liontamer

Submission Title: INVASION!

General Info:

Remixer Name: Beckett007

USERID: 7038

Submission Info:

Game: Rush N' Attack

Original Composer(s): Hevimeta Satoe, Iku Mizutani, Masanori Adachi, Shinya Sakamoto

Systems: NES

Song Arranged / Remixed: Intro and Level 1

Link to Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Qb1ErRZRQ

Additional Info:

Like all of my other mixes, this one is done in an orchestral / cinematic style and would be very fitting for a Rush N' Attack film. I was honestly very suprised to see that there's only ONE remix done for this game... the themes are insanely catchy and really truly lend themselves to an epic vibe... as you'll hear. This piece is basically a very straight forward reversion / remix of two of the themes heard in the NES classic... reorchestrated, and slightly re-arranged to make it fit OCR standards.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Loving it in principle. The arrangement is expansionist and strong overall. But at :57-1:11, the supporting strings sounded off-key with the lead instrumentation. And again and again ang again from 1:25-1:32, 1:40-1:54, 2:08-2:16 & 2:23-2:37.

I'd much rather be DPing this, but that supporting string writing definitely gives me pause. :lol: Am I the only one that thinks the writing there sounds completely jacked up?

Sorry, Rich. If the other Js & djp have no issue, I'll leave it alone, but I can't sign off on it as is. If the supporting strings were tweaked to have synergy with the rest of the track, I'd be down. As is, they sound off-key and cut-and-pasted, constantly breaking the flow of the song.

NO (refine/resubmit)

I agree fully with Larry here, that string counter melody isn't gelling at all with the rest.

The arrangement besides that is excellent though, I love the details in the woodwinds and toned percussion.

Please fix up those really harsh notes and resubmit. This is a great soundtrack, and you've done it justice.

no, please resubmit

Well the countermelody isn't gelling because it keeps playing a major 6th over a harmonies that heavily imply aeolian. The dorian mode is implied, ironically enough, in the sections when the countermelody doesn't play. Maybe if he just nudges the countermelody over 16 bars or so it will sound good. :smile:

NO