*NO* Silent Hill 'Silent Hill (Crazy Nurse Mix)'

Liontamer

* ReMixer name : G. M. Vinster

* Email address : gmvinster@live.com

* Your website : Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/gmvinster?ref=profile

* Your userid : 30775

Submission Information (refer attachment)

* Name of game arranged : Silent Hill

* Name of individual song arranged : Silent Hill (Crazy Nurse Remix)

* composer : Akira Yamaoka

* system : Sony Playstation

* Publisher : Konami

* Year : 1999

* Download link to song :

Comments about the mix

I was wondering if there would be a dance team from Silent Hill: The Nurses of Alchemilla Hospital!!! I remixed and rearranged the Silent Hill Original Theme to a modern day pop dance song. I wish somebody would like to create a CGI video of the nurses dance into this particular remix, inspired by Michael Jackson's Thriller video. Therefore, the music was composed/rearranged just to fit into today's pop music genre which is more to electronic dance. Silent Hill is one my all time favorite! I will try and do another remix, perhaps from Silent Hill 2... coming soon.

G. M. Vinster

P.S. This is my first remix. Do send comments regarding the remix if my remix is not selected. Thank You.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Silent Hill Original Soundtracks - "Silent Hill"

Interesting take. The drum machine hits were a little weak sounding, as well as the synth lead. Texturally, there were interesting things going on, even if the end result was generally too sparse sounding, IMO.

Strange changeup at 2:37. What part of the theme (or other theme) is that at 2:53, guys? Sounds more like the Morrowind theme than anything I heard in the source, but it's a harder one for me to make out. That section definitely dragged out until 4:06; the minor mutations happening with the supporting instrumentation weren't enough to keep things interesting, and I wouldn't have gone back to that for the ending.

Develop the second half more, and flesh out the textures, and this would have a better shot. Solid start so far, Galvin!

NO (resubmit)

Larry's handled this pretty well, I feel like there is a lot going on, but the sound scape is still a bit empty. There was a good deal of personalization of the theme, but I felt the mixing balance was off, with the beats being a bit heavy but still not terribly punchy, and that the leads were often buried. The panned rhythms were cool with the bitcrushed percussion, and there were a lot of cool ideas, but things generally dragged on.

Some of the transitions were a bit abrupt/weak, and could have used a lead in better than the curt nods they received.

This is a good foundation, but it needs some polish before it sees the front page. I would recommend running this through the WIP forum and seeing what kind of assistance you can get there.

no

The obvious criticism that occurs to me is that the bass and drums are consistently overpowering and overpoweringly consistent. There's very little variation, and the more creatively written parts are shoved to the background. What variation exists in the composition is marginalized by inelegant transitions resulting from again, the constant beat.

NO