Liontamer

Your ReMixer name: DJ Unkn0wn3

Your real name: JC

Your website: None

Your userid: 31092

Name of game(s) arranged: Parasite Eve

Original Song Name: Consensus

Remix Name: Mitochondrial Conspiracy

Mitochondrial Conspiracy is a remix of the song Consensus found on Disc 2 of the Square game Parasite Eve, Written by Yoko Shimomura.

I have taken general feel of the song and slowed it down, replaced the upbeat sounds with a low bass-line, trance style synths and a more heavy

beat. The remix works because the sounds interact well, the trance synth lines cut through the bass-line and piano perks add depth. Sounds fab on a sub woofer

Notes: Original and remix are attatchments.

Thanks very much

DJ Unkn0wn3

--------------------------------------------------------------

Before I even get into the rest of the vote, keep in mind, your levels were way too quiet. Boost 'em up.

Paneled it because we don't get enough Parasite Eve, and this is a decent minimalist take. If there was more melodic interpretation here, and more creativity with the synth design and effects, this would have a better shot. As is, the arrangement was pretty straightforward. Beyond the fairly straightforward melody and all the parts using gating-style effects, there wasn't much else. You have a decent groove going, now expand the arrangement. You don't need to abandon the minimalist textures, but gimme more creativity, personalization and substance.

NO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely too quiet, you could make this a lot louder. I also thought this took a little long to get going. But as mentioned, the major problem is that this could be more way more expansive. It feels very simple, I feel like I've heard it all once the beat comes in. The production was somewhat thin, but it was definitely a lesser concern next to the arrangement. This is worth spending more time on, so I hope you do!

NO (resubmit)