"Say Goodbye" (Drum and Bass)

AaronD

Listen here.

I know the title isn't appropriate for my n00b status on the forum, but "Say Hello" just wouldn't capture the vibe.

Hi folks, I'm Aaron. I like to make music and listen to others' creations. I'm the kind of person who can find soul in almost any song (almost), a former elitist fanboy type who would only listen to the "best" music (which a fair deal of, in hindsight, was crap). Nice to get into the forum here, and I'm looking forward to diving in.

While I hope you enjoy my first contribution, I'm really hoping to get some constructive feedback. I use FL Studio 9 (been with FL since version 3), and I'm finding that I need a new computer (my projects require lots of memory maintenance). I usually have to test-render to hear bits of songs, and with this one in particular, I'm finding distortion artifacts that I'm pretty sure aren't in the actual project pre-render (right before the drop with the strings I think, and a few times with the voice synth). Thanks in advance for any thoughts, and I'll do my best to reciprocate on listening/feedback/reviews.

Fuuuuck you smashed it, good work, and way to represent the US DnB scene. I followed you on soundcloud, definitely digging this.

EDIT: Ok, that is a bit of a long silence before the second drop, is it supposed to be like that?

Glad you dig it man! Thanks for the props. That 2nd drop is something I have to work out in post... Had to edit out a nasty glitch there, but until it gets fixed (proper) I'll just call it one hell of a teaser drop :-o

Your tunes though... "Convergence" has an awesome techy futuristic feel (which is actually kinda lacking in a lot of neuro lately IMO), and I'm really diggin the smoothness of "Sobriety". But man, "Tread Lightly" is so fucking killer... I rarely hear well-executed drumfunky beats on a stepper, but this is superb. Do not let that one get buried.

Your tunes though... "Convergence" has an awesome techy futuristic feel (which is actually kinda lacking in a lot of neuro lately IMO), and I'm really diggin the smoothness of "Sobriety". But man, "Tread Lightly" is so fucking killer... I rarely hear well-executed drumfunky beats on a stepper, but this is superb. Do not let that one get buried.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah Tread Lightly is definitely something I need to man up and finish because I've got people at my Uni riding me for that one as well.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah Tread Lightly is definitely something I need to man up and finish because I've got people at my Uni riding me for that one as well.

Do. Not. Slack.

Doesn't seem to be working for me... Says that there's nothing there.... I liked your track for ffx so much i wanted to give this one a listen and i come to find out its not there :(

Link updated, or just click on the SoundCloud link in my signature.

EDIT: There are some serious distortion issues, which is what I'm needing help on. I use FLStudio9, so if you're familiar with that and some of the problems...