Final Fantasy 6 - Devil's Lab (in dubstep)

CC Ricers

Here's a remix of the Devil's Lab music done in a dubstep style. The intro is still not clear to me as to how it will be...I have to work on that. Hopefully the subtle bassline in the beginning and the end is noticeable enough to hear some of the melody.

stats.png(version 2)

OLD (version 1)

So how is it sounding so far? Let me know :-)

a few thoughts:

-If you're going for the dub sound, the bass needs to be more automated - the effects should almost have a melody to themselves.

-You could try running the bass through some sort of distortion pedal. Whatever the means, it needs to be more crunchy and definitely louder.

-Also, the laser hi-hats really cut through the mix in a bad way. The hi-end in general seems pretty harsh.

I like this idea, though. OCR needs more dubstep!

I took your advice and have done a revision. The high end has been clipped somewhat. I don't see much of a problem with the high end personally- some of Beatdrop's work has been louder in that respect.

Better yet though, the bass has been boosted and I added a more "dirty" bass patch on top of it. I know the bass needs to be a hook when it comes to dubstep, but I don't want it to fight for attention with the actual melody.