Pokémon HG/SS Lance Battle Remix

This one to me feels less like a battle song, the way i made it. this was the first remix i ever made, so i wanted to see what people would say about it. so tell me what you think :)

Link:

@ Emunator of course they're relevant! crits is what im looking for! When you say "rhythm guitar" you mean the totally repetative one i assume? i love the sound font it has for it. unfortunately a lot of sound fonts cant translate over to notation. i really thought my lead guitar was too soft, and had too little attack, but i now know how to fix that. same with the sax, i will add some attack to it. live guitar would be sick though :)

Hah, I love this source :-D

You can tell that this one's a bit rougher than your newer mixes - the synths have WAY too much sustain on them. Your rhythm guitar is actually somewhat passable, but the lead guitar isn't - I'd recommend using a synth or finding a live guitarist instead of trying to use that sample as a lead guitar in the future. The sax sample too is way too weak to be reasonably passed off in a remix, I think.

I know this is old but hopefully these crits will be at least somewhat relevant to you, in case you don't already know :-P

i must say i was relatively excited having seen the source (been playing that game like crazy) and this is definitely one of my favorite songs in the game :D

now, seeing as how this was your first remix, i'm gonna be brutally honest and say that this is kind of a production nightmare (youtube's poop quality probably isn't helping - use tindeck :D). that synth is way too loud and dominates the mix most of the time. the long release/reverb also causes the notes to bleed together and generally crowds up the soundscape - esp. the chorus sections at :38 and 1:38; the drums and rhythm guitar are practically inaudible during those sections. it's simply unbalanced; some elements are way overexposed, and others are hiding in the background. essentially every sound should have it's place in the sound field, without stepping on the toes of anything else.

as far as arrangement goes, it's more of a cover, and a fairly simplified cover at that, but kudos for picking this awesome song.

anyway, i don't mean to be harsh, but since you're looking for honest feedback i figured i'd go ahead and dig in. judging by the other mixes you've posted on the board (i'll get to those soon enough - lavender btw has some great moments), you've certainly improved quite a bit since this, so don't take it to heart.

hope this helps :D