Pokémon D/P/Pt "Synthia" Battle ReMix

This is one ive really really wanted to post. very, VERY synth filled, and the tempo is intentionally faster than the original. Its pretty loud, and some of the synths "bleed" at some points, but thats only for a bit more blended synth kinda thing. i'd say i need more solid attack on those tho. I feel this is one of my more solid mixes, but please, tell me what you think!

Link:

@Liz Yeah i think thats the main thing that this mix needs more on: dynamics. it really lacked in that account, and some of the volume got a little screwy at some points...

I really HATE the guitar that garageband gives as their "big electric lead" but besides that all they have is like acoustic or bass guitar. it takes a lot of modulation in order to get it to a more natural, better-sounding guitar, but i have finally figured out how. And really, you didnt like the harpsichord? Hmm, i really felt it suited it pretty well...is there such aterm for bleeding on purpose? cuz i wanted just a bit of that....but i'll fix that; i like the sound it has, i'll just make it more precise. And of course, i will really work on the dynamics

muchas gracias for your comment :) (btw this theme is aka the champion battle from pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum)

I didn't comment on this one earlier cause I don't know the original. I'll give a comment anyway.

The arrangement you have sounds pretty nice. I can't compare to the original, but it does seem like you're trying a lot of different things in the mix, so good job there. But you really need some new sounds. The percussion is fine, but needs to be brought up (and is it a loop? you definitely need to do more if it is). Some sounds, like the piano or the flute are fine, they just probably need some more processing and a little bit more dynamic range. The background synths are quite bland, they definitely could use a lot more modulation. The way you're using that distorted harpschordy sounding one isn't really working - because it's kind of a background textural synth, but you're using it as a lead and it sounds strange and kind of bleeds over into other things. I don't really like the guitar at all, I'd go for a different sample there.

The biggest thing is that your arrangement kind of stays at one volume level the whole time. With all this stuff going on, you want things to be more dynamic, which means you need to do a lot more work with volume automation to so that you can build some tension. I think better choices for some of the instruments and some processing would help.

Like I said...I don't know the original, but it sounds like what you have is a pretty nice arrangement. There are definitely many cool things going on here. Work on trying to get it stand out more dynamically so it really feels as epic as it should be. Some different instrument choices/more processing and modulation/a lot of work with dynamics/some mixing and EQ work will all really help that.

Keep at it!