ForgottenFactory: Get your MIDI rips here

analoq

Follow these steps:

1. Take a video game MIDI file

2. Run it through an orchestral sample library

3. Post it to YouTube with game footage. [highlight]Important:[/highlight] Don't credit the original MIDI author.

What do you get? You get the ForgottenFactory YouTube channel.

You see kids, before OCR existed I would transcribe video game music to MIDIs and post them on the web. Not taking kindly to their behavior, I attempted a debate on their channel but they have a habit of deleting my posts. Oh well.

Now, MIDI rips are a dime a dozen, so why am I singing this guy out on OCR? Well, they appear to be targeting fans of OCReMix with their friend invite spam. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd give folks a heads up anyway.

cheers.

I wonder about a couple of my invites; I don't do much vetting there except to see whether it's one of those "time-share" or "make-money-at-home" channels.

One user whose name escapes me has ripped a few of mine and of others' MIDIs and posted videos, and the only credit is deep in the channel's description. Better than nothing, I suppose. Still, I might come up with a plan for calling attention to the original MIDI transcribers.