more then one stepsequenser in the same p?

hello! im a total newbee to fl-studio but used every soft-sequenser out there for the last 15years. i was kind of stunned with how fast one can make beats wit this app! so right now im kind of hooked:razz:

one thing thoe.. i make electronic music but and like to use sometimes strange timesignatures or diffrent lenghts of patterns! like for exempel having the BD-line/track to run i 3/4 beats and snare in 4/4.. this could be done if one could use more then one stepsequenser..but thats not possible is it??

tips/tricks welcomed:-P

• 2 weeks later...

It's been years since I've used FL, but I seem to remember that you could possibly make multiple patterns using the step sequencer, and arrange those patterns into a song using some other view. This would make sense; who would ever use the step sequencer if it only did 4-bar patterns in the current time signature? It'd be useless unless you wanted the exact same beat throughout your song.

• 3 weeks later...

The trick is using multiple-bar patterns. If you want a 3/4 pattern and a 4/4 pattern over top, use a 3 bar 4/4 pattern or a 4 bar 3/4 pattern - each equaling the same number of steps.You are limited to 64 steps, unfortunately. However, you can be creative by dividing the "beating-rhythm" sequence. For example, using 2 patterns of 2-1/2 bar 4/4 pattern (40 steps/pattern) for an overlapping 5/4 and 4/4 rhythm.

• 3 weeks later...