Electroacoustic Song Ideas

ShrackAttack

So every summer my college/degree has an electroacoustic ensemble group. We each pick a song or two (or write our own) and play them for a couple different concerts.

In years past we've done stuff like music from Megaman, Chrono Cross, Aphex Twins, The Police, The Dreggs, Sigur Ros, Steve Vai, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas for a piece for a group like this. We're really limited on the number of players this year as we only have 4 players so we'll have to do some single hit programming most likely. I already have a FF6 Medley in mind that includes Opening theme, Battle Theme, Fanfare, Terra reprise, The Decisive Battle and possibly the Fierce Battle somewhere in there. However, I want to possibly do arrangements for 2 different songs since we have so few players.

Our instrumentation options are:

3 people who can play:

Drumset

Electronic Drumset

Vibraphone with motor

Malletkat x2 with pretty decent sound modules in most cases.

Drumkat

Handsonic

Zendrum

1 person can play:

Bass Guitar

or

Electric Guitar

If we put the Bassist on electric someone will have to cover bass on the malletkat most likely, which is fine.

The main reason I am asking is because we thought we would have 5-6 players coming in. 4 seems to limit you a lot more in your song choice. I'd love to hear some suggestions and thanks for any ideas.

Aphex Twins

No "s", just Aphex Twin. Sorry, that bugs me.

I have no idea as to whether or not one of you guys can sing or not but here are some general band ideas:

1. Devo (although they have both an electric and a bass guitar you could figure out a way around that)

2. The Roots or a lot of other rap groups (person on drums, one on bass, one on sampler, someone rapping.)

3. The Faint (pretty much any song but their album Danse Macabre has little guitar/bass)

4. Depeche Mode

5. Death From Above 1979 (Their songs "Do It!" and "Going Steady" come to mind for a vocals/bass/synth/drums arrangement)

6. Gorillaz (A lot of their songs probably fit this)

(if you have a vocalist who has balls)

8. Jukebox the Ghost (Only works if you have a vocalist, but all of their songs are vocals/guitar/piano/drums)

9. Legowelt - The Dimension Door

10. Neon Indian

11. Pendulum (although this will likely require a vocalist and a willingness to compromise as far as synth sounds go, as well as a good drummer)

12. Phoenix

13. The Prodigy (Also requires a good drummer, and a willingness to use reggae samples depending on how far back into their discography you go)

Those are my probably terrible ideas.