Super Mario World Castle: The Return

I've created a remake of the classic Super Mario World Castle theme.

It's orchestrated with a use of minimal synth during some parts to justify uniqueness. It was created for a mindset of Mario going through the massive castle, and halfway in finds Bowser. (The Drums come in.)

Anyways, that's it. This is the youtube link, but in my comment I've linked the download area for best quality. Enjoy ;}

You're in Chico?

My teacher at my college speaks very highly of their digital music program. I hope you're in it.

Listening to this, I'd say you're already in it. The quality of your samples is superb. I'd just pay attention to composition, for the most part. oop-- except.. some drums just came in at 3:00. They sound totally muffled.

But back to composition, pay attention to when your choir first comes in.. I think I hear some sour notes. Make sure you aren't using a choir that adds its own fifth above. Honestly, you shouldn't ever use an instrument like that if you ask me. That may or may not be the issue here.

The instrumentation is fine if you ask me. Again, it definitely needs some mastering in places, but as far as instrument choice, no complaints.

Back to composition, perhaps consider transposing the music in places... change to a different key (or mode) to add some flavor.

Nobody here really listens to me when I tell them to consider modality, retrograde, and transposition, and that's fine.. but if you're in a music program at Chico, you need to learn the concept because that's how you get mileage out of your music. If you're taking classes, go up to your teach and talk to him about it.

Thanks, I'm not in any classes and am a Senior in high school. I will most likely take the music classes later on though. I'm learning all the transpose and such mataieral as I go along. I'm just creating it by myself and learning as well. It's my first created song and Thanks. ;)