Bouy & Bass galaxy

Alright. Having listened to it, here's some thoughts:

- Musically not very interesting at all. Sounds just like the original but with different instruments and with a drum beat pasted over the top. I would strongly recommend coming up with a more interesting arrangement. (If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that you'd just started from a Mario Galaxy MIDI and changed all the instruments. But even if you didn't, it sounds like you did. So you should change that :P )

- Drum beat itself: kick needs to have heaps more presence. Also you really need some high-end, the hats (apart from the irritating constant crash sample) are basically fuzzy mush and it all sounds like it's being played through a sock.

- Leads are waaaaay too loud. Wobble sound gets pretty annoying pretty quickly.

- Track is a bit short at 1:30. Be more creative, develop the source tune, add original sections, turn it into something more detailed :)

Sorry if I sound over negative. I do love the source choon and I'm curious to see where you go with it. Best of luck. :)

Alright. Having listened to it, here's some thoughts:

- Musically not very interesting at all. Sounds just like the original but with different instruments and with a drum beat pasted over the top. I would strongly recommend coming up with a more interesting arrangement. (If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that you'd just started from a Mario Galaxy MIDI and changed all the instruments. But even if you didn't, it sounds like you did. So you should change that :P )

- Drum beat itself: kick needs to have heaps more presence. Also you really need some high-end, the hats (apart from the irritating constant crash sample) are basically fuzzy mush and it all sounds like it's being played through a sock.

- Leads are waaaaay too loud. Wobble sound gets pretty annoying pretty quickly.

- Track is a bit short at 1:30. Be more creative, develop the source tune, add original sections, turn it into something more detailed :)

Sorry if I sound over negative. I do love the source choon and I'm curious to see where you go with it. Best of luck. :)

that did not sound negetive, thank you tho :) yah i got low quality samples for dnb, im still trying to make loops manually or buying DnB drums on loopmaster.

i'll def work on mixing, and add new section between(modify the melodys too) and make it longer when i get my Midi controller on tues.

yah i made the midi in school on home studio on free time so i could go home and do the main work (2weeks prosses)

thanks for the advice.

ps i love wobbles xD

If you don't think the song is finished, then you prolly shouldn't be using the Mod Review tag. That's just for when your song is finished and ready to be submitted.

However, since it's tagged I'll throw you some cursory feedback on the arrangement that you've got thus far. The bass is a neat idea, but as has been said it grates on you after a while and needs some changing up, and eventually needs to get pushed back a bit to let some other elements of the song take focus. Basically, the big problem here is a lack of subtlety with your sounds; everything is up-front and very abrasive - either EQ some of the treble down on your instruments or pick some different synths that are a bit less aggressive.

That said, I love any source from Mario Galaxy so I think this has some potential, just keep refining it and give it a more subtle sound while still keeping that energetic edge. Good luck!

If you don't think the song is finished, then you prolly shouldn't be using the Mod Review tag. That's just for when your song is finished and ready to be submitted.

However, since it's tagged I'll throw you some cursory feedback on the arrangement that you've got thus far. The bass is a neat idea, but as has been said it grates on you after a while and needs some changing up, and eventually needs to get pushed back a bit to let some other elements of the song take focus. Basically, the big problem here is a lack of subtlety with your sounds; everything is up-front and very abrasive - either EQ some of the treble down on your instruments or pick some different synths that are a bit less aggressive.

That said, I love any source from Mario Galaxy so I think this has some potential, just keep refining it and give it a more subtle sound while still keeping that energetic edge. Good luck!

i def will , me and my bud will work on this during this summer.