drum machines is that it's more organized and you can do much more

with it. Also, I have never made it on OCReMix and each time I get a

no on the judging panels, it lights a fire under me and makes me try

harder the next time. The last song I submitted on OCReMix "Synthesis"

was no where near the quality in terms of arrangement and production

that "Fangmei's Celebration" has. Well, I'm low on words. Hopefully

you enjoy this piece.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The sound effects at the beginning had weird breaks in them, so it's like "trickling water" then it suddenly (and not in a natural way) cuts to the thunder sound/explosion. It seemed like the whole section could have been cut without any issues at all. Generally if there's something that can be removed from a mix and it wouldn't be missed, it should go.

I thought the snare sounded over compressed, and I wasn't a fan of how the track built up. It exposed the weaknesses of each sample and how vanilla they were, especially that plain sounding bass. It was also super mechanically sequenced. :/

The good news is once it got going, the sounds meshed together really well, and there was a cool vibe going on. The instruments were well chosen, and once the bass wasn't the only thing going on, it blended well. There was a little bit of low-mid mud, but overall a decent soundscape, and the transitions were pretty effective. The double time section could work, but with that super compressed snare, it sounds almost comically robotic. You really need to ease up on the compression and adjust some velocities to make it sound good.

There is a decent base here, but there's a lot that needs to be done. The arrangement ideas seem pretty sound, but the execution and production, as well as some small details need work.

No, please resubmit

I also think those sound effects should go. They don't seem to relate to the track in any way, and honestly aren't needed.

There are a few things that are dragging this track down. The first is that the samples on their own really aren't cutting it. The bass is immediately noticeable as fake along with the snare, especially since it is so exposed. As each instrument comes in the overall soundscape sounds better, but they don't cut it on their own. Of course, not everyone has access to great samples, but there are plenty of good samples you can find for free. It's also a lot in how you produce them. A lot of this sounds very mechanical, which isn't helping the overall feel and sound.

I think the arrangement is pretty decent, although there isn't anything that's really wowing me here. I think that improving your sounds and cleaning up the production will help a great deal, though.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

OA's right; the intro can go. The second intro is pretty simplistic and also doesn't do a great job of capturing my interest. The drum loop is really tired, and you use it way too much. The mix relies on it way too much. The writing is too straightforward; it's not very interpretive or evocative.

This one needs a lot of work.

NO