Palpable

Remixer name - JB Sasserman

Real name - John Bonham

Email - tehsasr@gmail.com

User ID - 32278

---

Game arranged - Street Fighter II / Super Street Fighter II

Individual song arranged - True Ending

This track was basically a theme to my childhood, and it was produced using Logic Express 9, with me playing guitar through a Pod X3 Live. Style wise I was trying to give it something of a Joe Satriani vibe, with perhaps a little bit of Brian May in the solo. I tried not to over complicate it, seeing as there are so many guitar parts, as well as me making my own additions. (such as in the pre-chorus)

Thanks,

John

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The drums were pretty empty. The guitar sounded too upfront compared to everything else, while the background elements just quietly mudded together in the background and didn't have enough presence. The guitar lead itself was thin and grating; there needed to be more body on it, and the playing needed to be much smoother.

Arrangement-wise, there was little interpretative to be found beyond adapting the songs for the genre. The freestyling on top of the chord progression at 3:02 was finally something, but not enough given there was only 41 seconds left.

Not bad for a first stab, but not much to this beyond the cover, and it's not mixed well.

NO

Larry's dropped some pretty solid crits that I can echo; The guitar tone is a little thin and too far forward, and it sounds like your playing is a little ahead of the beat. Add a touch of delay and possibly re-record to be a little more laid back. Maybe even try moving the recording of your guitar back a few milliseconds and it'd match up better. The snare is also pretty weaksauce.

The original bridge section was pretty awesome and definitely should be kept, but there needs to be more interpretation of the main theme in order for the arrangement aspect to pass. You've got a great start, but it needs to get to the next level to pass. I'd definitely like to hear this tuned up and bit and resubbed though. :-)

No, please resubmit