A few question to all the DJs out there!

Silent Edge

Yo everyone! I've been following this website for months,and I gotta say that I find it absolutely awesome +_+,you're all great at remixing & arranging video games musics :P

So I came up with some questions to feed my curiosity for all the OC Remixers out there:

1)When did you start remixing??

2)Did u improve your DJ skills for work,or for your own benefit??

3)Is the music theory really that important to master DJ & Remixing skills??

P.S. :I'm really sorry for my bad english,it's got kinda rusty lately =/

Hi Silent Edge, Welcome to OCR! It is indeed awesome here.

I am not an Official OCRemixer (yet) but I'll answer your questions!

1) I have been dabbling in remixing very very part timeish for the last 4 years.

2) I own and operate a small moblie DJ company. I am the only employee, and so I have improved my DJ skills for work, or rather, THROUGH work. There is a difference between a DJ and a ReMixer though, most of the contributers here would probably be composers or arrangers, as those skills are more important in actually creating music than DJing is, but there certainly some people here who DJ too.

3) Music theory is a huge asset for remixing and composition. It is not as critical for a DJ to have those skills. Mastering the art of remixing also requires discipline, intuition, and an ear for music sure helps too, and finally, a ton of practice will go a long way in making perfect!

Peace!

Hi Silent Edge, Welcome to OCR! It is indeed awesome here.

I am not an Official OCRemixer (yet) but I'll answer your questions!

1) I have been dabbling in remixing very very part timeish for the last 4 years.

2) I own and operate a small moblie DJ company. I am the only employee, and so I have improved my DJ skills for work, or rather, THROUGH work. There is a difference between a DJ and a ReMixer though, most of the contributers here would probably be composers or arrangers, as those skills are more important in actually creating music than DJing is, but there certainly some people here who DJ too.

3) Music theory is a huge asset for remixing and composition. It is not as critical for a DJ to have those skills. Mastering the art of remixing also requires discipline, intuition, and an ear for music sure helps too, and finally, a ton of practice will go a long way in making perfect!

Peace!

Finally an answer..!

Thanks man,now I have no doubts anymore :)