Drum Rack question

sometimes when i open a drum rack and load a sample - like a kick or something - Live gets super laggy and pretty much slows to a halt until i remove the drum rack entirely. and then there are times when it doesnt happen at all, and i can load several drum racks with a number of different samples/effects, no problem.

does anybody know what's going on?

sometimes when i open a drum rack and load a sample - like a kick or something - Live gets super laggy and pretty much slows to a halt until i remove the drum rack entirely. and then there are times when it doesnt happen at all, and i can load several drum racks with a number of different samples/effects, no problem.

does anybody know what's going on?

im guessing you have Ableton, is multicore on or off? is you sound card/ chip asio aproved? do you have atleasst 3gb of mem? is your cpu up to date (celeron atleast)

are you runing 2 daws at once (rewired)? etc.....

is it giving you the sameproblem when you load ''Simpler'' Plugin

i'm using OS X on my macbook with Live version 8.1.

ok so this is really weird. when i posted this thread, i had just started a new project and was frustrated that the issue had come up again. at the time the only track other than the drum rack had been an audio track containing an acappella.

now i've loaded a drum rack into that same project, though it has several more midi and audio tracks (ie. increased cpu usage), only now i have no trouble loading the drum rack, adding samples, adding effects, creating midi, etc. everything's....fine.

WHAT

IS

HAPPEN

i'm using OS X on my macbook with Live version 8.1.

ok so this is really weird. when i posted this thread, i had just started a new project and was frustrated that the issue had come up again. at the time the only track other than the drum rack had been an audio track containing an acappella.

now i've loaded a drum rack into that same project, though it has several more midi and audio tracks (ie. increased cpu usage), only now i have no trouble loading the drum rack, adding samples, adding effects, creating midi, etc. everything's....fine.

WHAT

IS

HAPPEN

whats the specs of your mac book, it is known that XP has lower latency for Ableton (fire wire will help you alot on a mac) and stability :P