James Bond Blood stone

Coyote-Trickster

This came out on the blog today

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/05/euro-event-report-james-bond-blood-stone-for-ps3/

"While much of the plot – from a script by Bruce Feirstein, the writer behind GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough – is being kept under wraps for now, we do know that Blood Stone’s globe trotting thrills and spills are set against a backdrop that involves the diamond trade, a missing scientist and a new Bond Girl: Joss Stone. Yes, Joss Stone. The lovely Miss Stone, who was in attendance at the announcement, has also co-written and performed the games’ theme song ‘I’ll Take It All’ with former Eurythmics man, Dave Stewart; it’s a catchy one!"

This came out on the blog today

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/05/euro-event-report-james-bond-blood-stone-for-ps3/

"While much of the plot – from a script by Bruce Feirstein, the writer behind GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough – is being kept under wraps for now, we do know that Blood Stone’s globe trotting thrills and spills are set against a backdrop that involves the diamond trade, a missing scientist and a new Bond Girl: Joss Stone. Yes, Joss Stone. The lovely Miss Stone, who was in attendance at the announcement, has also co-written and performed the games’ theme song ‘I’ll Take It All’ with former Eurythmics man, Dave Stewart; it’s a catchy one!"

Th esong is absolutely brilliant... I've had it stuck in my head since it was revealed. Game looks good too! As long as it's like Everything or Nothing, and not like any other of the Bond games, then I'll be a happy boy :D

So for Blood Stone they've got the writer of the Goldeneye film with Richard Jacques doing the soundtrack, and about bloody time too, Richard Jacques is perfect for making a Bond soundtrack for a game. You only have to listen to the Pursuit Force and Headhunter soundtracks to realise this. I know it's going to surpass Sean Callery's Everything or Nothing soundtrack which was good and I love his music in 24 but that didn't quite click for me. Blood Stone is being developed by Bizarre Creations who did Project Gotham Racing and The Club. They do great racing but I thought The Club was dull as hell, but Bizarre is a UK studio so hopefully they will impress like Rare have as their track record is exceptionally high. It seems like it'll be a great Bond game and Bond experience but I doubt it'll impress much further than Everything or Nothing, I'm looking forward to it though.

Then with Goldeneye on Wii they're updating the story with Daniel Craig as Bond with the soundtrack done by David Arnold (as I read in Official Nintendo Magazine). The game is being made by Eurocom who made Nightfire, The World is Not Enough...and James Bond Jr lol. Another UK studio. Nightfire was pretty good and had a decent multiplayer, but TWINE is probably the closest to a Goldeneye game anyone has come close to I believe.

I have played Goldeneye recently on N64 and to me it still hasn't lost its touch. Great levels with exceptionally fun shooting and the Bond experience wrapped up immaculately in first person and believing it is a game without ruining the film experience. Challenging and very replayable, with enough guns and gadgets to keep things fresh and exciting, the only main stay gun throughout the game is the PP7 I believe so each level always had something new to tinker with. No other Bond game achieves this without breaking pace or style.

I'm a huge Bond fan so I'm really happy that there are two very promising games coming. In terms of Bond games as a whole I haven't been too disappointed apart from the god awful Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, and I don't really have the will to play Quantum of Solace, I should really play that...but they should be really good and since Bond 23 has been delayed indefinitely untill MGM sorts out their business, these will fill the time perfectly.