No sound from right speaker

JohnnyAppleseed

So today I hooked up a stereo system through my computer. It all works fine, the left speaker, and a sub woofer. But...when I channel an instrument to the right nothing is coming from the speaker, in fact no sound at all is coming from the right. Anything I can do to fix this? I know the speakers are fine. It's done this with two sets now today. Please help anybody?

So today I hooked up a stereo system through my computer. It all works fine, the left speaker, and a sub woofer. But...when I channel an instrument to the right nothing is coming from the speaker, in fact no sound at all is coming from the right. Anything I can do to fix this? I know the speakers are fine. It's done this with two sets now today. Please help anybody?

Speaker jack is broken?

More than likely it's just one of the copper strands carrying the right channel's audio has gone bad in the cable. I'm not sure what type of speakers you are running, but replace the cable first. It's often the weakest link and definitely the cheapest to replace!

So the speaker's work normally when plugged into a different source?

• 1 month later...