Guitar suggestions please!

Andy P

Hey all,

I'm planning on getting myself a nice 6 string solid body electric and wondered what everyone's opinion would be.

I want it to be as versatile as possible, think the Suhr Guthrie Govan model, but without the rediculous price tag.

I tend to play across the whole gambit aswell from metal/ prog to jazz and country so if you can think of any nice axes that might fit the bill then I'ld love to know!!!

I'm not sure how much it costs in the UK, but I'd recommend the Ibanez JS1000. I own one myself, it has a good rock sound and a fat sound on the neck pickup which makes it amazing for jazzy sounds as well.

however, maintenance for that guitar requires a little more patience because of its whammy bar. and if you plan on trying different tuning, whammy bars are a no-no, especially if you only got one guitar.

Weeeell, not too many guitars come stock with the kind of switching that's available on the Guthrie Govan Model (Fishy was just telling me minutes ago about the "Blower" switch and it sounds really cool) except for some of the Carvin guitars. You can get phase and coil-splitting switches installed. You might be interested in this model here.

That model with a mahogany body, maple through-body neck, bookmatched flame-maple top with a ruby red stain and blackburst edges, Floyd Rose tremolo with a locking nut, abalone dot inlays on a maple fretboard, 2 coil splitting switches and a phase switch, including a form-fitted hardshell case will go for $1,299.00 (£835.14). I've never tried Carvin guitars myself but I only hear good things about them.