How to fix my horrendous tone :O

stats.png

Here's a demo of what I have. It's quadruple tracks set with Overload TH1 - heavy metal preset / Kefir (mesa dual rec impulse)

Forgive my playing, I haven't played in months cause of my crappy job. Sorta want to play again and this will probably get me going again. What can I do to improve my tone. The artificial harmonics are hard to reach and the fuzz is just insane.

I'm direct in using a tascam us122-mkii.

Thanks for any tips/constructive criticisms :)

First I'd go here and buy the Mesa Rectifier 4x12 pack for $10. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Second, TH1 has its own impulse loader built in, so you don't need to use keFIR. The system in TH1 is even better since it allows you to load two impulses at once and you can have two impulse systems loaded letting you mix 4 impulse files.

Third, just take your time. Crafting a good tone takes patience and lots of experimentation at first. Once you pretty much know what settings get you the tone you want, it's easier to set up new presets.