Boiling Pot - Super Monkey Ball 2

Capt. Stupidity

This is not a remix. It's what I would call a re-orch (there may be a better term for what I did). Anyway I took the boiling pot theme from SMB2 and applied different better instruments to it. I was just messing around with the presets and FL Studio and came up with this version here. It came out nice, so I would like to see what y'all have to say about it. I am looking to improve it.

Thanks!

Click here to listen to boilingpot.mp3

Yes, someone else likes the Super Monkey Ball music. Boiling pot isn't really on my list of favorites from this game but I remember it well and it does feel much like the original.

You really nailed it with the string pads, and even that modulating bass instrument at the start still sounds fitting, considering the source.

The first lead instrument sounds too thin, especially when the next one start to play when the key changes at 0:29. The snare feels a bit distant- it gets buried in some parts and it doesn't do much to carry the rhythm. The only exception would be the switch-up at 0:42.

I'd want to know if you're just planning an instrument swap or if you'll elevate it to remix status. It's a great start for it!

I love the Super Monkey Ball music and I'm working on a SMB2 mix at the moment. This is pretty cool, though since it's in a similar style to the original, it's hard to say this is a straight upgrade. The drums are too distant and don't have enough oomph to them, I prefer the original more there. The leads in your version sound very cool though, especially when you layer them.