Hylian Suite Mvmnt I

FunkyEntropy

Posting something that the group recorded at tonight's rehearsal. Taken near the back end of the rehearsal, so expect some flubs here and there.

Arrangement by one of our trumpet players, Mike. Since this is a medley, there's a lot of source material and frankly it's a little late for me to be looking for all of the stuff that Mike included. Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

I know for sure that it includes music from: Wind Waker, original LoZ, Lttp, and Zelda II.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

img.php?fid=919

This is really fantastic work so far! I love it and it really sounds nice. It stays quite close to the originals arrangement-wise, which isn't a bad thing really. Some of the double-tongued stuff in the link to the past section could've been dove-tailed between players (overlapping and passing) instead of a big break or two to breathe, but otherwise very nice work. The players are doing very well and I can't wait to hear this polished. They all have a very nice sound. My particular favorite part was the flugelhorn (I presume) solo. Keep at the rehearsals and this will be a stellar piece on the site.

Dear lord, this is an awesome arrangement! Very minimalist at times, but I like that; it feels very atmospheric. Do a few more takes and get the instumentation down pat, and this will be absolutely beautiful, especially the beginning and end.

I want to hear not only this piece finished... but the whole suite! PLEASE do 3 more movements... please.

...pretty please.